Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT)
Who should attend
Network security engineers that are working in the enterprise sector.
- Cisco CCNP® Security certification:
- Understanding of networking and routing (on the CCNP level, but no certification is required).
- Understanding of different VPN technologies (such as DMVPN, GET VPN, and SSL VPN).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The Managing Enterprise Security with Cisco Security Manager (SSECMGT) v4.0 course is a five-day instructor-led course that is aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills that are needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager. The course also provides an overview of network security technologies, and includes case studies that are useful for deployment scenarios.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present an overview of the Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment
- Examine the configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on the Cisco IOS platform, modules, and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS
- Using CSM
- Managing Devices
- Managing Policies
- Managing Objects
- Using Map View
Firewall Policy Management
- Managing Firewall Services
- Managing Firewall Devices
- Event Monitoring and Rule Correlation for Firewalls
VPN Policy Configuration
- Managing VPNs
- Managing Remote Access IPsec VPNs
- Configuring Client-Based SSL VPNs
- Configuring Clientless SSL VPNs
- Configuring Advanced VPN Configurations
- Deploying Advanced VPN Technologies
Cisco IPS Solutions Management
- Managing Cisco IPS Services
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
- Managing Cisco IPS Events
Cisco IOS Device Provisioning
- Managing Routers
- Using the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch and Cisco 7600 Series Router Device Manager
Management, Deployment, and Administration of FlexConfigs in CSM
- Managing FlexConfigs
- Managing Activities and Workflow Deployments
- Implementing Integration Between CSM and Cisco Secure ACS
- Backing Up and Restoring CSM Databases
- Using Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Diagnostic Tools
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course options.
Time zone: Europe/London