Cisco Digital Content Manager Foundation (DCMF)
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to operate and maintain a Cisco DCM.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers
- Technical-support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
Knowledge of MPEG processing fundamentals and terminology are suggested.
- Cisco DCM models, hardware components, and functions
- Exploring the Cisco DCM interface
- Configuring basic service settings
- Transport stream settings
- Rate control with the Co-processor card (bit rate limiting and statistical remultiplexing)
- Digital Program Insertion (DPI) splicing process, licensing and restrictions
- Port mirroring and backup
- Service and transport stream backup
- Device backup options
- Configuring alarms and SNMP trap destinations
- Verify bit rates and statuses
- Maintenance recommendations and firmware upgrades
- Exporting and importing device configurations
- Device reboots and factory defaults
The Cisco® Digital Content Manager (DCM) Foundation Training Version 4.0 instructor-led course offered by Cisco Learning Services is a lab-intensive course thatintroduces you to the Cisco DCM common features and functions. The DCM is part of the Cisco Videoscape® Origination Suite for Service Providers.
You will learn the important theoretical concepts on which the Cisco DCM is based and gain the practical knowledge and skills to operate and maintain the Cisco DCM in your network. Common features covered include multiplexing, digital program insertion (DPI), rate control, service and transport stream redundancy, and forward error correction (FEC). Basic maintenance skills are also covered. This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that you are able to successfully operate and maintain a Cisco DCM.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request