Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X)
Who should attend
This course is intended for Cisco Partner Sales Engineers and Field engineers supporting customers with 802.1x solutions. The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Cisco Channel Partner SEs and FEs that are seeking to meet the education requirements to attain ATP authorization to sell Cisco ISE.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Security architects, design engineers, and others seeking hands-on experience with Cisco TrustSec 802.1X deployments with Cisco ISE
This section lists the skills and knowledge that learners must possess to benefit fully from the course. This section includes recommended Cisco learning offerings that the learners may complete to benefit fully from this course, including the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Lightweight Access Points
- Knowledge of basic command-line configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches
Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) v1.0 is a 3-day instructor-led training course designed to prepare Cisco Channel Partners, systems engineers, and implementers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco TrustSec solutions based on Cisco Identity Services Module, Cisco Catalyst Switches, and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge in the capabilities and functions of the IEEE 802.1X protocol and the ability to configure the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for 802.1X operation. The course introduces the architecture, components, and features of a Cisco TrustSec network designed around the IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS protocols.
The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring a network for 802.1X-based network services using the Cisco ISE, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco wireless products. Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe Cisco TrustSec concepts
- Describe IEEE 802.1X concepts, architecture, and requirements for deployment
- Describe how the RADIUS authentication protocol is used for Cisco TrustSec
- Configure ISE for 802.1x operation
- Describe IEEE 802.1X supplicants for Microsoft, Apple and Cisco
- Configure IEEE 802.1X for a wired network
- Configure IEEE 802.1X for a wireless network
- Describe how to provide secure guest access in a Cisco TrustSec network
- Build a high level design of a Cisco TrustSec network using IEEE 802.1X
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX course options.
Time zone: Europe/Warsaw
Time zone: Europe/London
Time zone: Europe/London