CA Clarity PPM 14.x: Financial Management 200 (33CLR23111)
In today's business world, it is crucial to ensure that all project‐related costs for time and materials are properly allocated to the appropriate department or other unit of your organization. The functionality of CA Clarity Project & Portfolio Manager 14.x (CA Clarity PPM) provides the tools necessary to fully define your organizational breakdown structure (OBS) to help ensure that the allocation of project costs aligns with your specific divisions.
This course teaches how to use CA Clarity PPM to define your OBS and plan, allocate, and record project costs according to this defined structure. The creation of cost‐ and rate‐related matrices; the establishment, approval, and adjustment of cost plans; and the posting of financial transactions are also demonstrated.
Who should attend
- Business Analysts
- Business End Users
- Business Team Members
- IT Services Managers
- Key Resources
- Key Stakeholders
- Process Managers
- Project Management Office
- Project Managers
- Project Sponsors
Knowledge of project and investment management in CA Clarity PPM, equivalent to the following course:
- Create an OBS, which is the core element to the financial framework of your organization.
- Enable the financial properties for projects, investments, resources, and companies to help ensure that all labor, material, equipment, and expense costs are captured and allocated to investments so they can be reported, analyzed, and billed, if appropriate.
- Manage the financial cost matrix to help ensure that a standard cost can be applied to all transactions in the system based on a centralized cost table.
- Post and correct postings of financial transactions to help ensure that all financial attributes relating to a transaction are present and valid in the context of the specific transaction.
- Define and adjust cost plans to help forecast the anticipated cost for the project or investment.
- Define benefit plans to help outline the value you will receive as a result of the cost expended to help justify the requested project budget.
Module 1 ‐ Describe the Setup of Financial Data
- Describe financial management
- Sequence the setup of financial data
Module 2 ‐ Define Financial Organizational Attributes
- Define the financial OBS
- Define entities
- Define locations
- Define departments
- Define financial defaults
- Define General Ledger accounts
Module 3 ‐ Define Financial Attributes and Classifications
- Define classifications and vendors
- Define system and entity defaults
Module 4 ‐ Build a Cost/Rate Matrix
- Create codes
- Create a Cost/Rate matrix
Module 5 ‐ Define Financial Properties of Companies, Resources, Roles, and Investments
- Define financial properties of companies
- Define financial properties of resources and roles
- Define financial properties of projects and NPIOs
- Define a financial plan
Module 6 ‐ Create Transaction Entries
- Post timesheets
- Create transaction entries
Module 7 ‐ Post Transactions to Financial
- Run the Post Transactions to Financial job
Module 8 ‐ Process WIP Transactions
- Post transactions to WIP
- Import financial actuals
- Create WIP adjustments
Module 9 ‐ Set Up Chargeback Rules
- Describe chargebacks
- Set up chargeback rules
Module 10 ‐ Manage a Service
- Describe Service Management
- Create service offerings
- Build service hierarchies
- Set up service subscriptions
Module 11 ‐ Process Chargebacks
- Process chargebacks
- View department invoices for approval
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date