Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning + EX442 (RH443)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to performance tuning
- Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
Module 2: Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
- Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
Module 3: General tuning
- Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
Module 4: Limiting resource usage
Module 5: Hardware profiling
- Understand and analyze hardware.
Module 6: Software profiling
- Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
Module 7: Small file tuning
- Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
Module 8: Large memory workload tuning
- Understand memory management and tuning.
Module 9: Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload
- Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
Module 10: File server tuning
- Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
Module 11: Database server tuning
- Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
Module 12: Power usage tuning
- Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
Module 13: Virtualization tuning
- Tune 'host' and 'guest' for efficient virtualization.