Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH436)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Clusters and storage
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
Module 2: ISCSI configuration
- Set up and manage iSCSI.
Module 3: UDEV
- Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
Module 4: Multipathing
- Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
Module 5: Red Hat high-availability overview
- Learn the architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat® High Availability Add-On.
Module 6: Quorum
- Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
Module 7: Fencing
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
Module 8: Resources and resource groups
- Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
Module 9: Advanced resource management
- Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
Module 10: Two-node cluster issues
- Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
Module 11: LVM management
- Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
Module 12: Global File System 2
- Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
Module 13: XFS
- Explore the features of the XFS® file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Module 14: Red Hat Storage
- Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
- Set up high-availability services and storage.