Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management + EX401 (RH402)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Module 2: Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Module 3: Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Module 4: Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Module 5: Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Module 6: Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Module 7: Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 8: Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Module 9: Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
Module 10: Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Module 11: Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Module 12: Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
Module 13: Comprehensive review
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.