Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate (JB297)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Understanding Java Persistence
- Learn how JBoss® Hibernate® effectively answers the question of how to represent relational data in an object-oriented environment.
Module 2: Getting Started with Hibernate
- Deploy a simple application leveraging core Hibernate mappings and persistence features.
Module 3: Hibernate Projects and Tools
- Use available JBoss Developer Studio Hibernate tooling to analyze a project's domain objects.
Module 4: Advanced Hibernate Mapping
- Extend Hibernate Entities with built-in and user-defined types and develop robust identifiers.
Module 5: Entity Relations and Inheritance
- Use advanced relational mappings to manage uni- and bi-directional associations, and map Java™ inheritance to database tables.
Module 6: Persistent State and Transactions in Hibernate
- Examine how Hibernate manages the relationship between the data in a table and the values in an Entity, and associate these state changes with a unit of work.
Module 7: Querying Data Efficiently
- Learn how to leverage Hibernate-fetching strategies, query options, and filters to produce efficient queries.
Module 8: Design and Best Practices Review
- Learn the basics of Hibernate design patterns and best practices and how to apply them to build efficient Hibernate systems.
Module 9: Hibernate Configuration and Deployment
- Use Hibernate's highly adaptable framework in a variety of application types, from simple Java standalone applications to full-fledged Java enterprise-class deployments.
Module 10: Hibernate Advanced Frameworks
- Hibernate supplies advanced tooling to assist developers in the areas of testing, validation, search, and spanning database instances.