JBoss Application Administration I (JB248)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Overview of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Learn the concepts and terminology of JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 6, and install and run a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform instance.
Module 2: Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in standalone mode
- Understand the directory structure of standalone mode and the standalone.xml configuration file, and deploy an application onto a standalone server.
Module 3: Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in domain mode
- Set up a domain, including a domain controller managing multiple host controllers. Also learn how to deploy an application onto a domain.
Module 4: Configure servers
- Define a server group on a host, add servers to a server group, and deploy an application to a server group.
Module 5: Use the CLI tool
- Learn how the command-line interface tool can be used to script administrative tasks.
Module 6: The datasource subsystem
- Understand database connection pools in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and how to configure the datasource subsystem. Learn how to deploy a Java™ Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver and define a datasource.
Module 7: The logging subsystem
- Configure the logging subsystem, including configuring the built-in handlers and loggers.
Module 8: The messaging subsystem
- Understand JMS and HornetQ, including how to define and configure connection factories and destinations (topics and queues).
Module 9: The security subsystem
- Configure the security subsystem, including securing the management interfaces, securing an application, and securing a JMS destination. Also learn how to define a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and database security realm.
Module 10: JVM configuration
- Configure the JVM for both standalone and domain modes.
Module 11: Migrating applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Understand classpath and module dependencies, JPA issues, updating security settings, and other tips on how to migrate an application to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
Module 12: The web subsystem
- Configure the HTTP and HTTPS Connectors, set up an SSL connection, and configure an AJP Connector.
Module 13: Introduction to clustering
- Set up JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 in a cluster in both standalone and domain mode.