Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Module 2: Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 3: Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 4: Create snapshots and clones
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Module 5: Ceph with the Glance Image service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Module 6: Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Module 7: Ceph with the Nova compute service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Module 8: Introduce networking fundamentals
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
Module 9: Network interfaces
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Module 10: Virtual bridging
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Module 11: Virtual network devices
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Module 12: Network namespaces
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
Module 13: Neutron services
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Module 14: Provisioning tenant networks
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Module 15: Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
- Implement LbaaS.
Module 16: Neutron networking services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Module 17: Comprehensive Review
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.