Red Hat Ceph Storage for OpenStack Technologies (CEPH130)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to storage systems, overview of Ceph, explanation of Ceph design, architecture, and components.
- Overview of architectural requirements, role of core RADOS components, and Ceph Gateway (RADOSGW).
Module 2: Ceph block storage
- Understand Ceph Storage Cluster (RADOS) and Ceph Snapshots.
- Learn how to clone and cache with Ceph Block devices.
Module 3: Object storage
- Understand and configure RADOSGW instances.
Module 4: Ceph and OpenStack
- Identify OpenStack components and versions.
Module 5: Integrate Ceph with Glance
- Understand, locate, and integrate Glance image storage with Ceph RBD.
Module 6: Integrate Ceph with Cinder
- Understand, locate, and integrate Cinder with Ceph RBD.
Module 7: Ceph and RADOSGW replacing Swift
- Learn about Keystone and Swift and integrate with RADOSGW.