Supporting Windows 8.1 (MOC 20688)
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Planning and Implementing Management of Windows 8
- Manage Windows 8 locally and remotely.
- Use Windows PowerShell for management.
- Use Group Policy to manage Windows 8.
- Describe basic capabilities of other tools for managing Windows 8.
Module 2: Designing and Implementing an Installation Strategy
- Determine an appropriate deployment strategy for Windows 8.
- Determine an appropriate strategy for upgrading or migrating to Windows 8.
- Describe additional Windows 8 deployment methods, and identify when they would be appropriate to use.
- Describe the Windows 8 virtualization methods, and identify when each would be appropriate to use.
Module 3: Planning and Implementing Authentication for Windows 8
- Describe the purpose of user authentication and options available for user authentication.
- Describe how domain-based authentication works.
Module 4: Planning and Implementing IP Addressing and Intranet Connectivity
- Design IPv4 addressing for Windows 8.
- Explain how to design IPv6 addressing.
- Describe wired network connectivity.
- Design wireless network connectivity.
- Design Windows Firewall rules.
Module 5: Implementing an Application Strategy for Windows 8
- Design application deployment for Windows 8.
- Select appropriate application compatibility methods for a scenario.
- Manage Windows 8 apps.
Module 6: Planning and Implementing a Solution for User SettingsThis module explains how to plan and implement a solution for managing user settings.
- Manage user profiles.
- Describe UE-V, its components, and its uses.
- Deploy UE-V, and create a custom settings location template.
Module 7: Configuring Cloud ServicesThis module explains how to configure Windows Live services, and plan for Office 365.
- Describe cloud services, their benefits, and how to use cloud services from Windows 8.
- Describe Office 365 and its relation to locally deployed Office and Office 365 plans.
Module 8: Implementing Windows Intune
- Describe Windows Intune concepts, and plan for Windows Intune.
- Deploy Windows Intune.
- Perform basic Windows Intune administration.
Module 9: Managing Computers by Using Windows Intune
- Manage computers by using Windows Intune Policies and manage updates in Windows Intune.
- Use Windows Intune to deploy software.
Module 10: Planning and Implementing Access to File and Print Resources
- Understand the difference between disks and storage spaces, and plan and manage local storage.
- Design access to file shares.
- Design file caching for remote users.
- Design printing.
Module 11: Planning and Implementing Encryption for Windows 8
- Plan for EFS.
- Describe, plan for, and use BitLocker.
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Endpoint Security for Windows 8
- Plan an update strategy.
- Plan virus and malware protection.
- Design the implementation of AppLocker.
Module 13: Designing and Implementing Extranet Connectivity
- Plan and implement VPN solution for Windows 8.
- Plan and implement a Direct Access solution for Windows 8.
- Manage Windows 8 mobile devices.
Module 14: Planning and Implementing a Recovery Solution
- Describe the Windows Boot process and be able to modify it.
- Diagnose and repair stability issues in Windows 8.
- Use Windows 8 File Recovery and File History.