Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless) validates associate-level knowledge and skills to configure, implement and support of wireless LANs, specifically those networks using Cisco equipment. With a CCNA Wireless certification, network professionals can support a basic wireless network on a Cisco WLAN in a SMB to enterprise network. The CCNA- Wireless curriculum will prepare wireless network associate for the use, positioning, planning, implementation and operation of Cisco WLAN networks.
The Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless) performs installation, configuration, operation, troubleshooting and support of basic 802.11 WLAN infrastructure including; APs, WLAN controllers, WLAN management platforms, basic WLAN security and wireless clients for SMB and Enterprise networks.
This certification is applicable to individuals pursuing Wireless Network Administrator roles within SMB or Enterprise IT organizations. These individuals will have a foundational level knowledge of routing and switching and this certification validates their skills and knowledge as an associate level wireless network engineer.
Recommended training for this certification
- 200-355 WIFUND
CCNA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current WIFUND exam or
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams, MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Security certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Security certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).