Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) is for network design engineers, technicians, and support engineers, who enable efficient network environments with an understanding of network design fundamentals. A CCDA certified network professional demonstrates the skills required to design or support in the design of basic campus, branch, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks using design fundamentals.
Any valid Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA), or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Recommended training for this certification
- 200-310 DESGN
CCDA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current CCDA DESGN exam, or
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (Data Center, Wireless, Security, Voice, Video, Service Provider, or Service Provider Operations), or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Routing and Switching certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Routing and Switching certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).
Please note, until December 15th 2015 individuals are also able to pass the DESGN v2.0 exam (640-864) to achieve CCDA certification.
Delegates are advised to sit the exam that relates to the version of the course they have attended.
After this time, the DESGN v2.0 exam will retire.