MTA Database Fundamentals (MTA)
This exam is designed to allow candidates to assess their knowledge of and skills with databases and operations.
Candidates for this exam are seeking to prove introductory knowledge of and skills with databases, including relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server. It is recommended that candidates be familiar with the concepts of and have hands-on experience with the technologies described here either by taking relevant training courses or by working with tutorials and samples available on MSDN and in Microsoft Visual Studio. Although minimal hands-on experience with the technologies is recommended, job experience is not assumed for these exams.
Candidates for this exam are in the process of expanding their knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- core database concepts
- relational database concepts
- security requirements for databases and the data stored in them
- database objects, such as tables and views
- graphical tools and T-SQL scripts
- database queries
- stored procedures
Recommended training for this certification
- Database Administration Fundamentals: MTA Exam 98-364 (MS-40364)