Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Advanced Administration (N3082)
This course is the advanced server management course for the Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) curriculum. The intended audience for this course includes Novell customers who:
- Have administration experience with NetWare (i.e., are familiar with the concepts and skills taught in Course 3081 Open Enterprise for NetWare Adminstration).
- Meet the prerequisites for this course.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Knowledge or experience with Open Enterprise Server NetWare
- Knowledge or experience with eDirectory
- Knowledge or experience managing NetWare storage
- In addition, your should be familiar with network hardware and have a conceptual knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, topologies, and various protocols.
During this course, you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Migrate to Open Enterprise Server NetWare
- Troubleshoot Network Performance
- Troubleshoot NetWare Servers
- Monitor and Troubleshoot eDirectory
- Manage Novell Modular Authentication Services
- Manage the Open Enterprise Server NetWare Server
- Manage Novell Storage Services
- Implement Pool Snapshots and Versioning
- Implement Distributed File Services
- Implement iSCSI
- Manage Apache and Tomcat
- Implement the Common Internet Files System on Open Enterprise Server NetWare
This course is designed to provide hands-on experience using Open Enterprise Server for NetWare (OES NetWare SP2) features that illustrate how OES NetWare lowers an enterprise's total cost of ownership (TCO), elevates administrator and user productivity, and enhances business productivity.