Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 Administration (D8CADM)
This course is designed for anyone who needs to install, configure, and/or administer Data ONTAP 8.3 clusters.
It is required that students have a working knowledge of SAN and NAS concepts.
Data ONTAP 8.3 is the next generation data storage operating system from NetApp. It combines the stability of Data ONTAP 7G with the cutting-edge scalable clustering of Data ONTAP GX. In this course, you will learn the evolution of Data ONTAP clustering, understand the benefits of the product, be able to explain the architecture and functionality of a Data ONTAP cluster, and be able to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Data ONTAP clusters.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- List the benefits of Data ONTAP and explain its two modes of operation
- Enumerate and describe the steps for setting up a cluster
- Manage the various failover capabilities of a cluster
- Identify the networking components and networking features of a cluster
- Diagram the architecture of the internals and externals of a cluster
- Manage NFS and CIFS in a cluster
- Administer mirroring and data protection for a cluster
- Perform basic troubleshooting of a cluster
- Explain the notification capabilities of a cluster
- Describe the characteristics of a cluster that affect its performance
- Add controllers to a cluster