Junos Routing Essentials (JRE)
Authorised Juniper training provided in association with INDC Training (Institute for Networking & Data Center Technologies), a Juniper Networks Authorised Education Partner (JNAEP).
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Empfohlenes Training für die Zertifizierung zum:
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Describe the framework for firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
This one-day classroom based course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.a.