Configuring Steel-Belted Radius Carrier (CSBR)
This course is intended for network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, and anyone responsible for implementing SBR Carrier servers.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Working knowledge of networking concepts
- Knowledge of UDP and TCP/IP
The following are recommended, but not required:
- Working knowledge of Unix Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of SQL and LDAP protocols
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the role of a RADIUS server.
- Describe authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) .
- Describe the flow of traffic in a RADIUS environment.
- Identify the components in a typical RADIUS packet.
- Identify RADIUS attributes and their functions.
- Describe shared secrets and their role.
- Identify the protocols used for authenticating end users.
- Describe RADIUS accounting.
- Identify the editions of Steel-Belted Radius (SBR).
- List the supported operating systems for SBR Carrier.
- Identify the installation requirements for SBR Carrier.
- Describe SBR Carrier server roles.
- Locate SBR Carrier system information.
- Configure the SBR Carrier license.
- Describe SBR clients.
- Configure SBR clients.
- Describe the different types of users SBR supports.
- Describe SBR Carrier authentication policies.
- Describe and configure proxy targets.
- Identify and proxy realms.
- Describe directed realms.
- Describe how SBR Carrier can use Structured Query Language (SQL) databases for authentication.
- Configure SQL authentication for SBR Carrier.
- Describe how SBR Carrier can use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) databases for authentication.
- Configure LDAP authentication for SBR Carrier.
- Describe the purpose of attributes, check lists, and return lists.
- Describe how to implement check lists and return lists.
- Describe filters and their purpose.
- Describe how to implement filters.
- Describe Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
- Identify EAP traffic flow.
- Describe the purpose of certificates.
- Configure server certificates.
- Describe EAP mechanisms.
- Configure EAP.
- Describe the benefits of a realm.
- Identify the means by which SBR Carrier can recognize realms.
- Describe how SBR Carrier can handle requests based on realm identifiers.
- Identify other SBR routing methods.
- Identify optional authentication methods.
- Describe and configure SBR Carrier replication.
- Describe high availability (HA) using Session State Register (SSR).
- Locate statistical information.
- Locate and search reports and log files.
- Describe the troubleshooting tools that are available to troubleshoot SBR Carrier.
This two-day course discusses the configuration for Juniper Networks Steel-Belted Radius Carrier. Key topics include installation, client configuration, users, authentication, and replication. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting basic aspects of SBR Carrier.
This course uses SBR Carrier software running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server for the hands-on component. This course is based on SBR Carrier Standalone software release 7.5.0.
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs. Termin anfragen