Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX)
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.
Empfohlenes Training für die Zertifizierung zum:
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites: Students should have an intermediate-level of networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course prior to attending this class.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Implement filter-based VLAN assignments.
- Restrict traffic flow within a VLAN.
- Manage dynamic VLAN registration.
- Tunnel Layer 2 traffic through Ethernet networks.
- Review the purpose and operations of a spanning tree.
- Implement multiple spanning-tree instances in a network.
- Implement one or more spanning-tree instances for a VLAN.
- List the benefits of implementing end-user authentication.
- Explain the operations of various access control features.
- Configure and monitor various access control features.
- Describe processing considerations when multiple authentication and access control features are enabled.
- Describe some common IP telephony deployment scenarios.
- Describe features that facilitate IP telephony deployments.
- Configure and monitor features used in IP telephony deployments.
- Explain the purpose and basic operations of CoS.
- Describe CoS features used in Layer 2 networks.
- Configure and monitor CoS in a Layer 2 network .
- Describe a basic troubleshooting method.
- List common issues that disrupt network operations.
- Identify tools used in network troubleshooting.
- Use available tools to resolve network issues.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Advanced Ethernet Switching Virtual Local Area Networks Automating VLAN Administration Tunneling Layer 2 Traffic Lab 1: Advanced Ethernet Switching
Chapter 3: Advanced Spanning Tree Spanning Tree Review MSTP VSTP Lab 2: Advanced Spanning Tree
Chapter 4: Authentication and Access Control Authentication Overview Access Control Features Overview of Authentication Processing Lab 3: Authentication and Access Control
Chapter 5: Deploying IP Telephony Features Deployment Scenarios IP Telephony Features Case Study: Deploying IP Telephony Features Lab 4: Deploying IP Telephony Features
Chapter 6: Class of Service Class of Service Review Processing and Feature Overview Case Study: Implementing Class of Service Lab 5: Class of Service
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Networks Introduction to Monitoring and Troubleshooting Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools Case Studies Lab 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting