IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals, Automation, REXX, PIPEs (TZ243G)
This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS Administrators who are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version.
You must be familiar with:
- networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment.
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The NetView for z/OS curriculum consists of four courses. You can tailor their training by taking one or more of the following courses:
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals (TZ203), where you learn the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation (TZ213), which covers the automation facilities of IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 REXX (TZ223), where you learn how to write REXX EXECs using NetView for z/OS
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 PIPEs (TZ233), where you learn how to code NetView PIPEs within REXX EXECs to simplify operations and perform automation by using NetView for z/OS
This course combines the content from all four of these courses, thus providing comprehensive training for Tivoli NetView for z/OS version 6.1. It covers basic concepts, components, user interfaces, automation facilities, REXX, and PIPEs. Instructor-led discussions are reinforced with practical, hands-on lab exercises.