IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 Agent Builder (TV382G)
This advanced course is for agent developers, system administrators, and application administrators who need to create agents to gather custom data and integrate that data into an ITM environment.
You should have:
- Basic understanding of Windows data sources, including WMI, Perfmon, Windows logs, Windows services, and Windows processes
- Basic understanding of multiplatform data sources, such as SNMP, JMX, processes, scripts, commands, and log files
- Administrator-level skills in ITM 6.2, including creating queries, situations, Navigators, and workspaces
- Experience installing, configuring, starting, and stopping ITM 6.2 agents and application support in Windows and UNIX or Linux
- Administrator-level skills in Windows and Linux
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 for Operators and Administrators (TV362 or TT362)
This advanced course teaches you how to use the IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent Builder softwareto create, modify, debug, and package agents for use with IBM Tivoli Monitoring products. You will create agents that monitor many different data sources. You will also learn to add custom TEP application support, such as queries, situations, and workspaces, to a solution install package that can be used to deploy your custom agent in a production environment.