Social Networking with IBM® Lotus® Connections 3.0 Workshop (CNW40G)
This course is for Solution architects and social networking adminstrators
You should have:
- Good technical understanding of Internet concepts
- High-level understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, systems and languages
- Understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
- Previous experience with Lotus Sametime, WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere Portal
- Familiarity with the Rational Application Developer (or Eclipse) development environment
- Review the IBM Lotus Connections 3.0 demonstration video
Are social software capabilities and Web 2.0 interactive technologies a near end requirement for you or your clients? Is valuable data available but not accessible? Are you working with merging or expanding companies but unable to find the people who have the expertise or responsibilities you need? Do you need to know who is working on what projects? Do you want to capture and share the expertise of retiring employees for best practices? If these or other similar situations are important for you or your clients, then this technical skills hands-on workshop will show you how to leverage the nine integrated services of Lotus Connections 3.0 to implement social software for business.
You will hear about and use the functions and features that capture, communicate, share, collaborate, organize, and deliver social software for business. In addition, you will explore new mobile features offered in Lotus Connections 3.0. This workshop will cover end to end technical aspects of Lotus Connections including a technical overview of WebSphere Application Server and Tivoli Directory Integrator which are bundled and installed with Lotus Connections. Integration with Lotus products, WebSphere Portal, and other applications using APIs will be discussed.