DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Quickstart for Experienced Relational DBAs (CL484G)
This is an intermediate course for experienced DBAs and technical individuals, with experience on other relational database platforms, who plan, implement, and maintain DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows databases.
You should be able to:
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
These skills can be developed by taking:
- OS Training:
- AIX Basics and Administration
- Linux Basics and Administration
- Windows Systems Administration
- Or by having equivalent HP-UX or Solaris administration experience
- DB2 SQL Workshop
- DB2 Fundamentals
This course teaches you to perform, basic and advanced, database administrative tasks using DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating and populating databases and implementing a logical design to support recovery requirements. The access strategies selected by the DB2 Optimizer will be examined using the DB2 Explain tools. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using the db2diag.log file messages to direct your investigation of problems, as well as using the db2pd commands and DB2 traces. You will learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to plan a redirected database restore to relocate either selected table spaces or an entire database. The selection of indexes to improve application performance and the use of SQL statements to track database performance and health will be covered. This course provides a quick start to DB2 database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
Zur Zeit sind keine Termine verfügbar. Fragen Sie an via email@example.com.
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX™ course option
Zeitzone: Europe/Amsterdam 2 Tage