PowerHA SystemMirror 6.1 Migration, Extended Config. and Problem Determination (AN42G)
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA SystemMirror clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
This course also includes those who want to:
- learn the new features with PowerHASystemMirror for AIX V6.1
- learn about how to implement PowerHASystemMirror for AIX in complex configurations
- pass the IBM Certified Systems Expert HACMP V5
- Technical leaders responsible for designing PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX clustering solutions
You should have experience installing and performing standard PowerHA for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
or equivalent experience.
You should also be familiar with:
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
Learn the latest features in PowerHA SystemMirror.
- effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX cluster;
- implement PowerHA SystemMirror for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options;
- perform problem determination on a PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX cluster.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).