Network Node Manager i Software 10.1 Essentials (NNMI120)
This course is designed for those Network and/or System administrators tasked with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the Network Node Manager i Software (NNMi) product. This course teaches the skills needed to successfully implement the product to manage small, medium, or large networked enterprises. The course includes training on the NNM i Smart Plug-In (NNM iSPI) Performance for Metrics Software, and NNMi Smart Plug-In Engineering Toolset.
This course is designed for administrators of the NNMi software 10.10 application.
The hands-on lab exercises in this course use NNMi software version 10.10.
This course is intended for network or system administrators and network engineers seeking a more in-depth knowledge of Network Node Manager i Software 10.10.
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Windows system administration
- Network protocols
- Network device administration
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Configure network discovery
- Manipulate NNMi tables and device object records
- Design topology maps
- Configure incidents
- Generate performance graphs
- Generate performance reports
- Perform core administration tasks
- Manage an ESXi virtual environment
- Describe the features available in the iSPI for Engineering Toolset
- Introduction to HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) Software
- Managing SNMP and ICMP Communication
- Discovery Architecture and Operation
- Configuring Discovery
- Touring the Management Console
- Configuring Node and Interface Groups
- Customizing Views
- Status Monitoring Architecture and Operation
- Customizing Status Monitoring
- Configuring Users
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Troubleshooting Using MIBs
- Event Monitoring Architecture
- Customizing Event Monitoring
- Thresholds and Customed MIB Monitoring
- iSPI Performance for Metrics Software Architecture
- Viewing Performance Data and Reports
- Administering NNMi
- Managing Virtualization