VMware vSphere on NetApp (VVNA)
- Data Center Operations Professionals
- Cloud Infrastructure Architects
- Cloud Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- Storage Administrators
- Deploy a virtualized infrastructure using NetApp storage based on the feature integration that exists with VMware vSphere and NetApp ONTAP
- Show a firm and practical knowledge of VMware services, protocols and connectivity options
- Utilize NetApp vCenter plug-ins to ensure proper functionality and performance for virtual machines
- Utilize NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC) to automate the backup, provisioning, machine cloning and host optimization configuration
- Perform host monitoring on ESXi hosts and NetApp storage through a single-pane-of-glass. Optimize virtual machine performance and correct virtual disk misalignment.
- Optimize NetApp Storage system connectivity, performance and reliability using Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS protocols.
- Implement multi-tenancy through the use of vFilers or Vservers
- Configure storage from the vSphere CLI or GUI in NetApp clustered ONTAP
- Install and configure NetApp vSphere plug-ins and utilize the features
- Perform data storage networking for both iSCSI and NFS datastores
- Manage virtual machine snapshots at both the virtualization and storage layers
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery features
Managing a vSphere storage virtualization environment requires knowledge of the features that exist between VMware and NetApp to handle large data workloads. The VMware vSphere on NetApp training provides in-depth use of best practices to improve storage resource utilization, simplify operating system maintenance irrespective of the storage topology, data center operations simplification, and optimal use of your NetApp storage. The course covers the management of any cloud infrastructure using Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 and the VMware vSphere 6.0 virtualization and management suite.
This hands-on 5-day class with hands on labs immerses you into the virtual machine management and storage operations spanning NetApp Data ONTAP, VMware ESXi with vCenter management. You will get a hands-on experience using the vCenter NetApp plug-in, the Virtual Storage Console (VSC), configuring and monitoring the VMware host settings, performing backups, restoration, and virtual machine cloning operations.
Dauer 5 Tage
Preis (exkl. MwSt.)
- Deutschland: 4.500,- €
- Schweiz: Fr. 4.950,-
- NetApp Training Units: 60 NTU
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX™ course option