VPLEX Management (MR-1CN-VPLEXMGMT)
This course is intended for any person who presently or plans to:
- Manage VPLEX Operations
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student should have knowledge and skills associated with the following:
- SCSI and Fibre Channel protocols
- Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
- IP networking basics
- EMC SAN implementation and Connectrix switch administration
- Storage provisioning procedures: Symmetrix and CLARi iON arrays
- Basic familiarity with host operating systems: Windows, Linux/UNIX (shell)
- Familiarity with one or more server virtualization platforms
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe common VPLEX terms, configuration options, hardware and software architecture
- Describe high level data flow within a VPLEX system
- Manage VPLEX using Unisphere and CLI
- Create Virtual Volumes and provision them to Hosts
- Encapsulate existing SAN storage into VPLEX
- Configure Distributed Volumes for a VPLEX Metro system
- Describe integration and interoperability considerations that apply when preparing to deploy VPLEX into a data center.
This course provides the learner with an in-depth understanding of how to install, manage, monitor and maintain a VPLEX system. Operational aspects of a VPLEX Local, Metro, and Geo, using Unisphere for VPLEX and the VPLEX CLI, are covered. Implementing VPLEX into an existing environment and provisioning storage from both the local and remote clusters are topics for both lecture and labs. Distributed volumes and working with Consistency Groups are discussed and practiced. Basic Troubleshooting and monitoring VPLEX performance are discussed. This course covers version 5.2.
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- Product and Technology Details
- Provisioning with VPLEX
- Provisioning Remote Access with VPLEX
- Maintenance and Monitoring
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to allow practical experience for the participant.