Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (Partner Training) (PASESA)
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- A moderate knowledge of TCP / IP fundamentals, including IP addressing and sub-netting, static IP routing and DNS.
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message format.
- Familiarity with command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI).
- Previous experience with email security would be helpful.
Partner Only Training: This two-day training course provides a thorough foundation for how to successfully install, configure, and administer the Cisco Email Security Appliances (Formerly Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliance). At the end of the course, attendees will possess a working knowledge of how to use Cisco Email Security Appliances to successfully manage and troubleshoot email traffic entering and leaving the enterprise network. Attendees receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on: How to administer with best practices for configuration and operation. How to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the flow of email through Cisco Email Security Appliances. How to configure access control policies to eliminate threats at the perimeter, based on the identity and trustworthiness of the sender. How to create and apply Data Loss Prevention (DLP) polices to outgoing email.Extensive lab exercises provide attendees with a simulated enterprise email environment.
This course enables student for successful configuration and operation of a Cisco Email Security Appliance. By exploring in depth specific product features, mail administrators will receive in-depth training to meet specific needs with emphasis on:
- Integrating with a directory server via LDAP
- Debugging of LDAP integration issues
- Using message filters to redirect and modify messages
- Safe deployment and debugging of message filters
- Configuring TLS and Guaranteed Secure Delivery
- Email Authentication with DKIM and SPF.
- Module 1 Introduction
- Module 2 Performing an Evaluation
- Module 3 Configuring Sender & Recipient Groups
- Module 4 Tracking and Reporting Messages
- Module 5 Configuring Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus
- Module 6 Using Content Filters
- Module 7 Preventing Data Loss
- Module 8 Encrypting Outgoing Email
- Module 9 Configuring LDAP
- Module 10 Providing Ongoing Customer Support
Please see below our alternative, English language, FLEX™ course option