Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies (IMINS)
This course is designed for information technology (IT) or operations technology (OT) professionals who will be involved with the implementation, operation, and support of networked industrial products and solutions for the following industries:
- Process control
- Oil and gas
- Other industries as applicable
The knowledge and skills that you must have before attending this course include a college degree with two to three years of experience, or equivalent industry experience. Also you should take the following Cisco Electronic Learning and Training (ELT) courses to achieve basic understanding of networking and industrial protocols:
- Networking Fundamentals for Industrial Control Systems (INICS)
- Industrial Control Systems Fundamentals for Network Engineers (ICINS)
- Describe Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) and Connected Grid switches (CGS), and Cisco Connected Grid routers (CGR)
- Interpret design and drawings, recognize industrial topologies and access reference materials
- Install industrial network components
- Deploy industrial network components
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot network and control issues
The Cisco course Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies, is designed to help ensure that Industrial Network Engineer professionals have foundational skills for the implementation, operation, and support of networked industrial products and solutions. This course prepares you to take the Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification exam (exam ID 200-401).
This course will enable you to achieve competency and skills to install, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial network systems while helping ensure network availability, reliability, and cyber security in your company.