Cisco Optical Technology Intermediate (COTI)
The Cisco® Optical Technology Intermediate (COTI) training teaches the skills necessary to deploy a Cisco Optical Networking System (ONS) 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) network from installation to protection.
This course is for technical professionals who are responsible for installation, deployment, and maintenance of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP network. Network operations, planners, and designers can also benefit.
Targeted roles include:
- Network operations engineers
Completion of Cisco Fundamentals of Fiber Optics Technology (FFOT)
Cisco recommends that you have the following prerequisite knowledge and skills:
- Basic knowledge of optical transport and protocols
- Basic knowledge of data network principles
- After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Connect to a Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP chassis using Cisco Transport Controller
- Identify node configurations according to card population
- Provision DWDM circuits using the Cisco Transport Controller
- Conduct performance monitoring, alarm verification, and fault isolation
- Provision M12 WSS in linear and M6 SMR nodes in ring topologies
- Understand configuration options for the Any Rate muxponder and crossponder
- Perform Raman amplifier initialization
- Isolate optical network issues
You learn how to perform node turn-up. The course covers three shelf types, the M12, M6, and M2. You learn to deploy linear and ring Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) topologies. The course covers multiplexer-demultiplexer cards, Erbium-doped fiber amplifier cards, Raman amplifiers, transponder cards, and the newest Cisco Any Rate muxponder and crossponder cards. These cards are used in terminal, amplifier, and reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) node configurations. You configure wavelength selective switch (WSS) linear and single-module ROADM (SMR) rings. This COTI course covers 10-gigabit unprotected circuits and 10-gigabit protection using Y-cable, optical channel transport unit-2 (OTU-2), and protection switch module (PSM) cards.