Building Applications with Force.com (DEV401)
Designing Applications on Force.com
- Learn about factors to consider when building a data model.
- Develop custom objects and fields.
- Create master-detail, lookup, and many-to-many relationships.
- Create custom applications.
- Set field attributes on the page layout.
- Use custom object queues and event-based workflow rules with field update actions.
Designing Applications for Multiple Users
- Learn factors to consider when designing applications for multiple users.
- Create and customize profiles to manage the user experience.
- Create and customize permission sets to manage the user experience.
- Customize the user experience with record types and page layouts.
- Employ organization-wide defaults (OWDs), sharing rules, roles, role hierarchy, public groups, and manual sharing to control access to records.
- Analyze suitability of field-level security, page layouts, and record types to satisfy business requirements.
Implementing Business Processes
- Use validation rules to enforce conditional required behavior.
- Use functions to enforce data format and data consistency.
- Create parallel approval processes and approval processes with dynamic approval routing to automate business processes.
- Establish approval process criteria with cross-object formulas.
- Set up field history tracking to audit processes.
- Learn techniques to prevent or record data changes.
- Learn when and how to export, delete, insert, update, and upsert data.
- Use the import wizard and API-based data management tools.
- Use the Force.com data loader to manage data.
Visualforce Pages: Enhancing the User Interface
- Learn about the capabilities of Visualforce pages.
- Create Visualforce pages to modify the user interface.
- Learn about the functionality that comes with Visualforce page standard controllers.
- Create templates that can be applied to multiple Visualforce pages.
- Learn about incorporating Visualforce into a page layout.
- Learn about exposing Visualforce to the Internet and mobile devices.