IBM Security zSecure Admin Basic Administration and Reporting (TK262G)
Running IBM Security zSecure Admin
- List the advantages of using IBM Security zSecure Admin to administer RACF.
- Identify the sources of information that IBM Security zSecure Admin uses.
- Select different input sources.
- Use the basic setup panels.
Selecting and displaying existing RACF profiles
- Select and display details of user, group, data set, and general resource profiles that match particular search criteria.
- Select and display details of group profiles that match particular search criteria.
- View the access control list (ACL) using different formats.
Profile maintenance using IBM Security zSecure Admin
- Modify single profiles, using line commands, overtyping, or the quick administration panel.
- Change RACF profile definitions in a way that affects multiple profiles and generates multiple RACF commands.
- Mass update, define, delete or recreate up to 10 profiles of the same entity.
- Display and manage application segments.
- Display SETROPTS and Class Descriptor Table settings.
- Define new input file sets.
- Create new data sets to serve as input to zSecure.
RACF administration reports
- Produce reports about RACF profiles and resources.
- View the group tree of a RACF database.
- Produce general status and system settings reports.
- Report who can manage application segments.
Specific user and group reports
- Report users based on password characteristics.
- Identify users with specific attributes.
- Report groups and their settings.
- Compare different users side by side to identify different connects and permissions.
- Compare different groups side by side to identify different permissions.
- Identify the sensitive resources and global writable data.
- Select and report general resources with their member lists.
- Report Global Access Checking (GAC) tables and started tasks.
- Report the status of digital certificates.
RACF management reports
- Identify inconsistencies in the RACF database.
- Use CKGRACF to run commands for profiles that require special care.
- Create your own customized reports.
- Customize the way that RACF installation data is displayed and printed.