Apple OS X Yosemite 10.10 Support and Server Essentials Power Workshop (YOS101201)
Part 1: Installation
- Prepare and partition the drive, install OS X Yosemite, use the installer log files to verify a successful installation, configure OS X Yosemite with the Setup Assistant, update software with Software Update and Installer, tips and techniques for troubleshooting an installation problem.
Part 2: User Accounts
- Create and manage user accounts, create and manage administrator accounts, locate directory attributes, security, password selection, Keychain, and FileVault.
Part 3: File Systems
- File systems supported by OS X Yosemite, file and directory ownership and permissions, Disk Utility and file repair, using the command line for file management.
Part 4: Data Management
- The root volume, file system layout, preferences, frameworks, file types unique to OS X Yosemite (i.e., resource forks and packages), Spotlight, file archives, disk images, archiving and restoring data with Time Machine, managing backup data, how to access the data outside of Time Machine
Part 5: Applications and Processes
- Applications supported in OS X Yosemite, applications created with different developer APIs, the UNIX concept of a process, the relationship of processes and applications, tools to monitoring and managing processes, application preferences, troubleshooting, Boot Camp
Part 6: Network Configuration
- Basic networking configuration, TCP/IP networking, Ethernet, AirPort, multiple network connections, appropriate use of network locations, isolating and troubleshooting network elements
Part 7: Network Services
- Connecting to common network resources, Network Users accounts with Directory Services, AFP, SMB, SSH, FTP, and WebDAV connections, Bonjour, NetBIOS, the network browser, isolating client software issues from network issues.
- Enabling network services on a OS X Yosemite client, peer-to-peer collaboration, sharing files between Macs and Windows, sharing web documents, screen sharing, firewall as well as techniques to isolate server issues from client and network issues.
Part 8: Peripherals and Printing
- Connecting peripherals to a Mac, cabling, connections, device drivers for common peripherals, managing printers, print-job management, printer PPDs and PDF workflow, techniques for isolating cabling, driver, or application issues.
Part 9: System Startup
- Troubleshooting boot issues with a Mac at startup, phases of the startup process, which part of the system is active during each phase, issues that can arise, automatic process launching with launchd and login window startup items
Part 10: Configuring and Monitoring OS X Server
- Installing OS X Server, providing DNS, exploring the Server App, configuring SSL, using Status and Notifications, backing up Yosemite Server
Part 11: Configuring Accounts
- Managing Local Accounts, configuring Open Directory services, managing Local Network Accounts
Part 12: Managing Devices with Configuration Profiles
- Configuring OS X Server to provide device management, managing with Profile Manager
Part 13: Providing File Services
- Providing file sharing services, understanding file access
Part 14: Implementing Deployment Solutions
- Leveraging NetInstall, implementing Software Update Service
Part 15: Providing Network Services
- Hosting backups with the network Time Machine service, providing security via the VPN service, providing DHCP service, hosting Websites
Part 16: Using Collaborative Services
- Providing Mail Services, configuring the Wiki Service, implementing Calendar Service, providing Messages Service, configuring Contacts Service